Thursday, November 27, 2008
A God who loves me enough to sacrifice His son for me
A family who loves me unconditionally
Friends who laugh with me, laugh at me, listen to me and honestly offer advice
A good job with good people in these uncertain times
A roof over my head
Food in my pantry
Clothes to keep me warm
Life's little luxuries - scented bath gels, chocolate, coffee, yarn, yarn, yarn, yarn, more yarn
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
I don't really wear hats, but I saw this pattern and had to give it a try. I bought a bunch of Paton's Classic Wool on clearance, so I have lots to play with. D#2 likes it, so I'll probably give it to her. I've got my eye on trying a felted Fedora, but the pattern I found is crochet andI don't know how to do that (yet).
D#1 is modeling for me. (Isn't she cute?) I used Lion Brand Wool-ease for this that I had actually purchased for another vest about a year ago. I had started the other one, but the stockinette back had become very tedious and I just couldn't take it anymore. When I saw this vest on the front of September 2008 Creative Knitting, I just knew this yarn was made for that pattern. It is very cozy and very warm - perfect for our mild Tennessee falls and winters. I forgot to make a buttonhole while I was working the front, so I've decided just to leave off the closure for now. If I decide it needs a closure, I'll knit on some I-cord.
This was a free-with-purchase-of-yarn pattern that I thought was just the cutest little thing - perfect for a toddler. I bought enough yarn to do 2 hats in different colors. I made this one according to the pattern and I think it turned out a little too long and a tad too big around. I am making these for my twin nieces for Christmas, and I'm just not sure of the fit. I'll go down a needle size for the next one and make the hat about 2 inches shorter.
Baby Kimono and Hat:
I started this sweater last weekend for our newly hatched great-niece. I finished the sweater last night and started and finished the hat between last night and today. BOB (D#1's "Big Ol' Baby") is modeling it here.
Moderne Log Cabin Afghan:
This one is coming along nicely. It has grown to a size that is not very portable, so I use it for mindless TV knitting. D#2 has been very patient with me. When she sees me working on another project, she asks me about her blanket, but she doesn't pout. Here she is posing underneath it. She is a sweetie.
Thursday, November 06, 2008
Oh, OK! I confess! I'm procrastinating instead of packing for a weekend trip. Although, in my defense, I have been waiting for the washing machine to quit so I can throw in another load.
So, since I'm obviously not going to blog about my knitting, here's one of those little quizzes I found on Big Pink Cookie (Cinny, my apologies -- but you never read this anyway):
1. Do you like blue cheese? Only on a salad
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? No - really - no
3. Do you own a gun? No
4. What Kool Aid flavor was your favorite? Black cherry
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Sometimes
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Mmmm . . . with mustard, on a really fresh bun
7. Favorite Christmas movie? Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee with lots of cream
9. Can you do push ups? Why, yes I can. Wanna know how many?
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Antique scarab bracelet my husband bought me the first year we were married
11. Favorite hobby? Knitting
12. Do you have A.D.D.? Self-diagnosed, yes
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? Wear contacts exclusively since I squished my good pair of glasses and the dog chewed up my others
14. Middle name? None
15. Name three thoughts at this exact moment? -1- I really should be doing my laundry. -2- I'd like to get that fingerless mitt done tonight. -3- I wonder if there's any good chocolate around here.
16. Name three drinks you drink regularly. Coffee, Diet Pepsi, Water
17. Current worry? That my husband and kids are going to be pi&&ed in the morning when they see how much I didn't get done tonight to get us ready
18. Current hate right now? Hate is a strong word - can't say that I hate much of anything
19. Favorite place to be? In my backyard, with my knitting, kids and dogs running around, husband happily on his lawnmower
20. How did you bring in the New Year? Home with husband and kids
21. Where would you like to go? Ireland
22. Name three people who will complete this? I don't even know if there are 3 people who will read this.
23. Do you own slippers? Yes. But I only wear them to go outside or in the garage.
24. What shirt are you wearing? Blue nightshirt
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No -- too hot!
26. Can you whistle? Barely
27. Favorite color? Pink, turquoise
28. Would you be a pirate? No - I'm too much of a softie (or a coward?)
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Slow Fade, Better is One Day in Your House, Feels Like Today
30. Favorite girl’s name? Well, I can't pick either of my daughters, because they'll be offended. How about Elizabeth?
31. Favorite boy’s name? Joseph
32. What’s in your pocket right now? No pockets
33. Last thing that made you laugh? My silly daughter doing her weird stretches
34. What vehicle do you drive? Pacifica
35. Worst injury you ever had? Broken tailbone
36. Do you love where you live? Yes - woods, streams, quiet. Wish we had a little more room in the house, but we manage.
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? 4 - 1 of which doesn't work very well.
Ok, now it is your turn! Let me know if you do it too!